PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 7th Oct 2021, 16:47
MarkerInbound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zerograv
Thanks for that !!!

Probably you meant to write the ATS (instead of the ATM) focuses more on Part 135 rules.

During the previous century (in the nineties) I obtained an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher (ADX) licence. Would that be of any help towards an ATP, or it's not the case ? In any case, it would be convenient to go through the whole updated database again, as it has been a while.
Yes, corrected that to say the ATS focuses on 135. I also took the ADX when it was free at a FSS as prep for the ATP before Sheppard Air and Gleim. Then figured I was halfway there so called the FAA office and took the practical exam. The question banks have been updated (no longer 727 performance problems, now it’s 737 for most of the questions) but there is still about a 98% overlap between the two exams. Always wanted to call Dispatch and confirm the proper entry into a holding pattern but never had the chance. A weekend of review with Sheppard or Gleim should get you up to speed.