PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will we always be wearing masks on aircraft now?
Old 7th Oct 2021, 16:03
nonsense

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by OldLurker
I seem to recall that sometime last year (?) people were saying something like, it's OK, cabin ventilation is excellent, air replaced many times a minute, each seat has your own air vent, minimal risk of catching Covid during a flight. Did I dream that?
It seemed improbable then too...

Originally Posted by Sholayo
Well, I am in the camp with KayPam - masks will stay forever, since most of the people either do not care to protest or even feel safer withing confines of that 'COVID-theatre'.
My GP commented that HIV brought latex gloves to general practice, and covid will probably make face masks an ongoing feature of general practice. In 2019 only Asians who had experienced SARS wore facemasks in public in my part of the world, I think in 2029 an awful lot of us will still chose to wear them. The world has changed.

Originally Posted by On Track
Where I live masks are mandatory everywhere except inside one's own home. I hate the bloody things, and as I'm double vaccinated I'd be happy to go without one and accept whatever risk that involves. We can't live this way forever.
If mask wearing is going to remain mandatory on airliners then I won't be travelling overseas again. As for domestic travel, I'd prefer to do a road trip in my car or on my motorbike
I live in the same city as you. I can't see myself traveling overseas for another twelve to eighteen months by which time the risk of getting stranded should have cleared and the benefits or otherwise of masks in aircraft (along with whatever pre-flight vaccination and/or testing is required) should be clearer. I did three short trips to Sydney in 2019 and another in 2020 and chose to drive because flying and arranging transport at the far end was much more hassle and expense than it was worth to me, especially getting to Tullamarine at sparrowfart for a sensible price ticket, so covid hasn't really changed my domestic travel choices. That I am retired, with time to spare, factors in too, of course.