PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotting at BHX
Thread: Spotting at BHX
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2021, 15:55
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
I believe it's possible to lookout the window of a taxying aircraft, maybe to get a first glimpse of the land that's to be your new home for the foreseeable future?

I'm with the WMP on this one - instructing spotters not to photograph the flights in question on the ground is perfectly reasonable.
What's the harm here? Quantify it in term of it needing uniformed Police intervention?

Bottom line is that on days like this, the usual rules can be ignored as it's not the usual folk applying them. It's a tough cookie BUT the paranoia fades and the jobsworths depart and come summer, much of the time Police at most of our airports know the score and don't mind. I say most as some of the smaller ones are a very boring posting and you can be the most exciting thing they've seen in weeks so a blind eye may not be turned! I remember getting moved on from my usual spot at PIK back in Gulf War 1 by two Policemen with sub machine guns who were not looking to chat. That level of "no-nonsense" nonense never lasts.