PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will we always be wearing masks on aircraft now?
Old 7th Oct 2021, 10:20
FUMR

Received 251 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotLZ
I was about to say the same. If the trip is important or desirable enough for you, masks will not put you off. A few hours with a mask on is not too steep a price to pay for the chance to go somewhere nice or to visit family and friends after over a year in and out of lockdown.
A "few" hours maybe, but from 4 to 12 hours not for me. I was already suffering after 20 minutes in my supermarket! (luckily that requirement has now been removed). So yes, a quick 50 minute hop to the UK I might persevere with, but long haul, no chance. I guess my medium to long haul flying is over for the foreseeable future. Fortunately I'm on the right side of the channel and within reach of many destinations by car. It'll save me car rental costs too

I should add that I am not against wearing masks where and when appropriate. I just don't consider very long hours in an aircraft seat as appropriate after vaccination and a PCR test prior to travel. I hope that the appropriate authorities and the airlines will rethink some of these measures.