PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 7th Oct 2021, 01:37
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
So the arrogant Scotsman falls on his sword hey? Two down and one to go. Carmody escaped with retirement. Crawford takes the fall for the entire debacle (good riddance), but Dr Aleck aka Teflon Jon, lives another day. C’mon Pip, you’re close, but not close enough….The snake is injured but it’s head still hasn’t been cut off. For a chance at true regulatory reform and a chance to change the direction of CASA and complete the full removal of the Iron Ring, one scalp remains.

Glen, it was interesting to see what Scotty from Marketing had to say about a Federal ICAC being implemented. Of course he opposes it, because if it was introduced there would be no politicians left! He said; “you have got to have processes that assume people are innocent before they are thought to be guilty and that is a real problem." Well, that same philosophy hasn’t been applied in your case Glen. Hopefully your legal team will be able to hold Morrison, his Minister and senior bureaucrats to account. But I dare say that Scotty is too busy defending his Hillshlong pal Brian Houston and having group singalongs while speaking in tongues and laying healing hands on sinners, something that needs to be done to CASA!

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/why-scot...f-acb423e850ef
No matter how people vote or what their politics, it is beyond political parties when I say I have reached the point where I simply can't stand Morrison, he is without a doubt, the most incompetent, the most annoyingly inept and do-nothing politician that I think we've ever had as PM. He is certainly the WORST PM in my lifetime. There were people on both sides that many hated from time to time but most of them got sh-t done. May not have been the 'sh-t' we wanted at times but you knew where you stood.

Morrison, IMHO has presided over potentially the most morally corrupt federal government we've ever had - where do you start - from his lies told for the cameras about him "seeking" to do this and "seeking" to do that (but never says he WILL do anything), then he's the classic twiddle his thumbs while Rome burns (literally last summer) followed by another shower of weasel words to obfuscate and shift blame.

All the while he and his minions have ruined the NBN (even Rwanda has better fibre internet than we do), stolen money from people via robodebt, persecuted whistleblowers who expose government bastardry, ruined ANY reputation government and the public service once had, even the ATO has been in the firing line for aggressive debt recovery, presided over a disaster in aged care and blamed it on the States and that's before we even get to the AG affair where this weak-willed, gutless and gormless excuse for a human being (let alone a PM) either walks away and refuses to answer questions or in the case of the AG "It's nothing to do with me because I'm not his boss anymore". Jesus, that wouldn't go a round in the schoolyard as a piss-weak excuse.

Which is all a longish way of saying that yes, I agree, if we had a REAL Federal ICAC, one like NSW with the ability to look backward as well as investigate the present, I suspect there would be at least one former federal minister and at least one former PM either in public hearings or in jail for what was done to East Timor.

I'm not sure it would improve Glen's situation straight away because the last 4-7 years ALONE would have a Federal ICAC occupied for the next 4 years digging through the morally corrupt and reprehensible behavior of this government - it's not surprising what's happened in CASA though, when the tree it is attached to has cancer, it spreads everywhere and the behavior of the Abbott, Turnbull and Morrison government(s) has certainly set the scene for what atrocious behaviour is - there is not one aspect of anything they've done that has not just scraped the bottom of the barrel but made us all realise "if you look UNDER the barrel" as we've long since reached the bottom - AEC colored signs at polling places, lies and secrecy to cover up incompetence.