PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - O'Leary in today's papers
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2003, 06:55
Idunno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hamrah.

He never fails to claim it was accidental in so much as he only applied for the cadet job to 'gain interview experience' (no doubt while waiting for the chance to apply for his preferred post as CEO of the company). He claims to have been amused to be later called up as he never gave it a second thought! And there you were, busting a gut at the same interview just hoping for a start.

He maintains that he 'never had the slightest interest in flying' and only 'accepted' the job offer because it was a wet weekend and he didn't have anything else planned (yawn).

Maybe you know different? Go on...tell us he's a bare faced liar.

What a pity for some keen young wannabe, that Willy didn't go off and be a beancounter as was his true calling, and leave the flying to some youngster who would truly appreciate the chance to do something they loved.

I've already pointed out that he wants to distance himself from his piloting past because he'd rather be seen as a manager now, the money's better there and Our Wully knows where his breads buttered.

But would I be right in guessing you might have certain sympathies with him, being an ex classmate of his then? Especially given that you preceeded him down the management road...although I believe you still retain a foot in the piloting camp.
That must be a blight on your career as far as some of your earthbound management colleagues are concerned, eh?
I can respect you for it though.

O'Leary is what he is, and he doesn't need to peddle his credibility. I doubt if anyone gives a toss if he likes 'airplanes'...who cares...the only thing remotely remarkable about that is how he still managed to succeed in the aviation business without knowing or caring about a central element of his product! Strange, but true.

Willy however is tainted by the Mark Of Cain...an ex pilot!
How he doth protest!
Methinks he doth protest too much!!

So, you still a pal of Willys? I heard you airline management types have a little inner circle where you swop notes on unruly pilots etc etc. Go on...spill the beans. Got any funny handshakes to teach us?

Last edited by Idunno; 20th Dec 2003 at 07:41.