PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CCleaner-ing several times a day.
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2021, 21:59
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
CCleaner-ing several times a day.

I'm using a motherboard in my PC, bought second-hand on the bay. Years old. F Com i5 I think. I know it's faster than my SONY VAIO i7 dead loss laptop.

I have 4 gig of RAM, a 220 Sata front end partitioned to give the OS 100gigs to itself. I then have a WD 1 TB drive partitioned to allow the front end of that to be loaded with an OS should the need ever arise. More than half is used for long term storage.

Due to the slots being full and the cost of memory for this older type, upgrading the memory is not viable. However, I really don't make heavy demands on the processing. No games and just occasional detailed look at paintings. I have a dedicated graphics NVidia which is low cost.

The issue is that I seem to have to use CCleaner several times a day. The processing stodges down and even refuses to load pictures until I run CCleaner (Free) yet again. A pal with 8 gig says he never has to clean up and he runs 3D AutoCAD and printer and does a lot of clever stuff. He spent his work lifetime with IBM writing and teaching, so computers are something he'd spot ill behaving. All the time vs Never 4 vs 8 gig.

Can memory be the only reason for this total difference?