PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airplane With The Nicest Handling
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2021, 04:54
blind pew

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Have to agree on LS gliders

Not the 7 but the 6 followed by the 4. The fox and pilatus B4 AF were great aerobatic machines.
Condor followed by the Cub especially flying 100ft circuits. My chipmunk time was mired as my instructor was frightened of aerobatics. Tiger moth like flying a blancmange.
Beechcraft Baron..fabulous in spite of having one flick and ended up inverted.
DC9 34 ..the long range one best of the six versions and a great versatile aircraft.
Super VC10..Still dream about it.
Fokker 100 whilst it flew like a light aircraft was an embarrassment on the Airways and had the feeling of landing a wheel barrow with a dodgy wheel.
Dodged the classic after a simulator session as so easy it was boring.
Stretched DC 6..missed out by one place on the seniority list but the most difficult simulator I flew; the AirFrance 737 guy I was paired with crashed it.
Trident 2 would have been OK if we were allowed to fly it as designed.
DC10ER..boring.
Tugging at a mountain site in a Raylle was the most demanding..high speed descent in turbulence, drop cable below 50ft, climbing turn until slats opened (below 200ft) reverse turn lowering flaps, constant bank descending turn with full side slip, close throttle, ease off sideslip and heave; wind off trim to keep nose wheel off the runway as it shimmied partly due to landing downwind. (Was a pig in reality).
Carbon Nimbus 2 C (decent roll response) for mountain flying after LS6.
Phoebus C for long legs and a challange as so wrong but for staying up on a fart.
Some great model aircraft that flew like the real thing too.

Last edited by blind pew; 6th Oct 2021 at 05:12.