PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airplane With The Nicest Handling
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2021, 22:59
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
Oh dear, also recollect it had a door come open in flight. I suspect the (pilot) passenger hadn't properly closed/locked it, despite being specifically asked and checked on. Hardly the aircraft's fault though.
I had this problem occur a few times on D95 Travelairs. Seems every time it was commencing descent from cruise and pitch forward slightly and the door would pop open with a bit of a loud sound scaring the passengers. This seemed to be a problem with both aircraft I flew, so I thought it might be a type thing. I wrote it up at least once in case it was a latching issue, engineers I assume looked at it and found no fault or fixed.

Bigger jets...the A330-300. Flew properly, nice in pitch and roll, landed nicely on one engine as well as two. Also slow.
I'd be very worried if an aircraft that was flown by the computer and you just pointed it where to go didn't fly right. I mean you are not really controlling these large beasts, the computers and hydraulics do that. The pilot is meant to feel like its easy as that's the whole intention, then they can put you in the seat for longer and pay less crew, the engineers build the feel into the machine feedback. In a non-power assisted controls the design really has to be right or you work hard. Doesn't mean that the big stuff ain't a dream to fly, but that's more the computer making it seem that way, I mean you wouldn't chose to fly in alternate law, or worse direct law, all day would you.