PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airplane With The Nicest Handling
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2021, 21:18
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
That was sorted a couple of days later and we used it for a few months as a multi trainer. As it's the only Seneca I I've flown I can't compare but it didn't seem too bad to me, albeit I went to considerable trouble to keep that nose wheel up. FWIW it also had a complete re-trim inside and was in very tidy condition. I believe it later languished in a hangar at AS for some years.
The Senecas really only problem is that horrible antics in the landing sequence. Once in flight they are generally a nice stable smooth ride, good for touring, training, whatever. Also much cheaper than most other light twins to operate. Just don't use the red lights on the 2-4 as maximum power lights, or you will be changing cylinders and turbochargers more regularly.

I did prefer the 2 blade installations to the 3 blade, gave them a few more knots in the cruise at the sacrifice of a little bit of field performance and noise, who's flying pistons without ANR these days anyway. You could easily get to non-turbo baron speeds even in the 2 if you climbed up and used those turbos at considerably less fuel burn and airframe cost.