PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2021, 16:40
skygeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
Are you a pilot or just a brain dead troll? Delta is 99.9 percent harmless? Get a grip. People talking like this really need help, IMHO.
I take it you disagree profoundly with the 99.9% figure? What figure do you think is more accurate? And what evidence do you have to support that?

So far judging by both the official stats (even though they seem to include even those hit by a bus as Covid deaths) and my personal anecdotal evidence I'd have to lean towards the fact that the survival rate if not equal to 99.9% must be very close to that. I know personally five people (including one of my siblings) who have had Covid and successfully recovered. None of them had any serious issues apart from a few days feeling like crap, obviously none required hospital treatment. Later, unfortunately, one of those was coerced to take the injection regardless of the fact they have recovered simply as a requirement for the continuation of the employment. 3 months later after getting the AZ that person has been diagnosed with myocarditis. Obviously they won't be getting a second shot and seem to regret having the first one. I have also not heard of anybody from my circle who has died from Covid.

Based on the above personal anecdotal evidence I'd take my chances with whatever is there at the moment, thanks. My priorities are pretty clear here, I have to make sure I am there for my family first and foremost, everything else is secondary, if that means losing my primary job, needing to seek alternative employment or being labeled a "selfish granny killer" - so be it. If your evidence suggests that novel therapeutic injections every 6 months would give you better chances against this flu and/or whatever "variant" the TV nominates as the fad of the day - good luck to you and others who are/were willing to roll the dice. I genuinely wish all of you to be well in one/two/three/X years.