PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2021, 14:13
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 601
I had the AZ as soon as I could get it based on what facts I could read, not the opinion on the so called jurnos we have in OZ.
So did I. Except that I had mine in March, before any negative AZ news came to light.

The trouble I have with the media is that we are fed the media's opinion of the news, not the factual news.
Agreed. Once the Astra-Zeneca TTS side-effect became news in Australia in April 2021, I could not find one major news outlet in Australia who was interested in providing the actual data. On either side of the political media fence that is so prevalent in this country, The data was easily obtainable, I subsequently discovered, on the UK public health website. Interestingly, that data did not support what our politicians were saying, nor did it support what our left nor right leaning media were saying. It was as if either no-one cared about the truth, or the entire media and political system considered that the truth didn’t matter anymore.

The argument seemed to have devolved into pure politics and/or spin.

The Governments of the Day (all of them, Fed and State), enjoyed palming off the decision making to non-elected “Health Officials”. That was worse, because the “health officials” ended up coming across as even more biased than the politicians! Did they provide the data? No. Did they provide any evidence for their decisions? No. Was there any transparency to the data flow that led to their decision making processes? No. Could they be questioned? No.

The decisions were being made on “the best available medical advice”. Well, I can’t argue about that. It’s midnight and I have an itchy arse. The best available medical advice to me right now is coming from my dog, and you might prefer that I don’t share what he is suggesting.

But my dog knows where his next feed comes from, and he will provide whatever medical advice is necessary to ensure he gets a feed tomorrow morning, no matter how unpalatable or how unnatural it might feel for him right now.

For those of you who have got to this part and have read my entire post (jokes aside), ask yourself - am I pro AZ or am I anti AZ? Or am I arguing something else?