PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2021
Thread: NPAS News 2021
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2021, 10:23
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Well done Cabby.

No sign of that yet as a standard Kent Police Press Release.... I will have to ask them. It seems though that Acting Supt Wenlock is the man who makes certain things happen.... in one set of 2021 minutes I found that .....Volunteering in Kent Police

T/Supt Wenlock provided an overview of the presentation showing the innovations in Citizens in Policing, Special Constabulary, Speedwatch, Community Policing Volunteers, Volunteer Cadets and Policing Support Volunteers.

So he has a track record.

And so did someone else who was a Temporary Chief Inspector in Kent Police if I recall correctly. Watson was the name and he was deep into the South Coast Project of BAE Herti light UAVs over the English Channel a decade ago. He was also 'involved' in running the less than exciting Kent Police ASU [a couple of Cessna's] and then he went on to serve as GOD with NPAS, ahe looked after the ground aspects of the organisation. Although a non-aviator he made some pretty important decisions on fixed wing if my information is correct, before moving on to making cakes in retirement.

There is a worrying thread of repetition running through this storyline and Cabby could be right that this might be the next NPAS SE.

Strange really. For decades now ACPO and the NPCC have totally frowned on the activity being portrayed here. SkyWatch and its offshoots have been shunned, castigated and denigrated for offering to do exactly this kind of operation. Funny how everything flips back to the thoughtless schemes of ACPO and NPCC.