PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2021, 05:12
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
Judging by the 'should've been Dan' content on social media I doubt there will be any effect on voting intention.
Maybe check the reputation of the LNP in the Hunter and surrounding regions, all areas the Feds need to hold or gain to retain office. Despite ScoMo's perceived actions during Covid, he and his government really deserve to lose for what has now been 9 years of failure on every front and yet another revolving door of PMs - I'm really looking forward to the fibre I'm now going to get to my house (NBN) after this shower said it was too expensive, then spent billions more to replace copper with copper and are now planning to spend billions on top to put the fibre in anyway. That is just one example, apart from threatening to lock up journalists, lawyers and anyone else who goes against them (many volunteer organisations have been screwed by this government because of their comments against its social policies such as robo-debt and the like), stacking the FWC and the AAT, the latter with people with zero experience but an affiliation to their ideology, allowing the aged-care sector to descend into chaos despite being warned. Too many others to list, including rorts that basically paid their way to an election victory and were deliberately hidden. Jesus Christ, back a few years ago, Dutton even considered raiding the journalist and other person(s) who he thought might have leaked the 'Au Pairs' info.

I don't care what people think of the ALP, they couldn't possibly be worse than these morons.

And, just a tip, social media (aka 'twitter storms' and 'trending' on facebook) are basically an amplification of a vocal minority, they do not represent reality. The Victorian people on a whole are widely supportive of Dan Andrews - the so-called protesters are NOT protesters, they are rancid scum who throw rocks, bottles and urine on police and journalists and desecrate public property and they do not confine themselves to those acts either, with many health organisations having had to direct their nurses and doctors to remove or cover up any identifying clothing or badges/passes to avoid what has happened recently, including abuse of health workers in the street on their way to work and the closure of a vaccination hub because health workers were abused and were doused in urine. Not many Victorians have problems with the police dousing them in capsicum spray or using rubber bullets because they are sick to death of these morons on our streets (not to mention the thousands of cases of Covid that have resulted).

I actually think there's a coiled spring in the electorate that is just waiting to take out all it's frustrations on Morrison and his government.

The last election (2019) when people were all saying the ALP and Shorten were going to trounce the LNP, I was saying that the election was going to be a LOT closer than everyone and the polls were saying. This time I estimate it will be a lot LESS close than people expect, there is a feeling out there that just one too many lies and BS excuses has been spouted by the happy-clappy-slogan-bogan and like happened with Howard, he just lied too many times and eventually people decided whatever came next was worth a try.

I'm not taking a position or advocating what should happen, despite my feelings about the pathetic performance of this government (I could say the same about pink bats) but just what I see in comments people make to me, there is a palpable sense of anger and it's not what is imagined to be portrayed by the rioters and their Sky After Dark amplification system.