PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Ground School: Which has the best user experience? Windows or iPad?
Old 1st Oct 2021, 09:58
PDMG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
craphat

I found this a little amusing and refreshing to hear it wasn't just me. BGS software bug frustration, including in the very first maths module where they couldn't multiply parenthesis correctly until I pointed out the incorrect answer was being listed as the correct one, was one of the reasons I stopped my ATPL(H) study 6 years ago and went FAA route (plus I got posted in the US again). Further frustration was when they booked me on an exam prep weekend at my cost, instead of Gen Nav starter weekend - although they did rearrange a second weekend for me free but I had the bills for everything else. I also found they "told" rather than "taught" so when I got something wrong I spent ages on the internet looking for answers to see if I was right or they was. I got even more disheartened when I posted on the BGS forum regarding the error at the time and someone suggested it was "all me"

Looking at doing it again now just to further my flying education - its one of those I want to do it but don't need to do it things with me as I have a career that pays more than i would prob earn heli wise in the UK in the short remaining time I have on single pilot ops - but it does give me options for a little side work I guess.

How long did you take to complete your exams?