PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How would you deal with this scenario?
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2003, 00:26
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiseguy,

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I'll see if I can describe what I mean better.

Imagine you're flying along, perfectly happy that you know where you are. You call up D&D, ask for a Practice Pan, and tell them you're uncertain of your position - not because you are uncertain of your position (because you're not), but maybe because you're an instructor demonstrating to a student what they can do for you. As alphaalpha describes, they will treat you as if you are unsure of your position, give you a fix, and vector you if you ask them to.

Now, imagine you are flying along on a beautifully clear VMC day. you call up D&D, ask for a Practice Pan, and tell them that you've inadvertantly entered IMC - not because you have entered VMC - you haven't (and if you had, I agree that it would be a Pan Pan, not a Practice Pan), but because you want to give them some practice, or show a student pilot what they can do for you. This, I think, is what TD&H was suggesting a few posts back. What would they do in this situation?

Sorry if my original question wasn't clear! And if it still isn't clear... well, don't worry, because it's probably not an important enough question to spend too much time on!

FFF
---------------