PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we losing interest ? What's happening ?
Old 30th Sep 2021, 05:39
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyer517
In a previous post on this thread I said:

Yet here we are again. So to answer the original question posed, this is what turns me off personally. It always comes back to complaints about the regulator and that bores me to tears. I would much rather talk about aircraft and the pleasure of aviation.
Certainly appreciate where you are coming from but when the fun is taken out of it, it is hard not to have a whinge. I think there are other post that are more focused on the joys of flight with this one honestly being started on a viable topic of have we lost interest. Attesting to this are the post on how we are no longer civil to one another which often turn nasty (laying on the professionals couch the causation would easily be attributed to the frustration of having the fun taken out of flying). A lot of post are negative with aircrew venting their spleen (mostly justifiably) about how the aviation industry has changed from what it once was. This in turn causes friction with the younger aircrew (probably less than 45 yo) who do not have any experience in being treated like a valued employee.

I also would like posts to be about the fun of flying and the shared experiences but with the good comes.........