PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan 2021 Onwards
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2021, 21:02
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

I am not sure if the reference you describe, Wolf, is Arab or Muslim or other.......

Seems to me to be a "code of the third world tribal culture", regardless of color or religion ( well maybe not one religion). I am sure I can find that code in several places in Africa and possibly outposts in other places. I flew with and trained folks from SEA, and tho there was a lotta tribal customs in the case of the Hmong, it was nothing like the Muslims practice. Our Air Commando experience can talk all about it.

My Pakistan student in the Viper was a Pashtun, and my Afghan student at Air University was close to that tribe, but he was not of the Taliban ilk and we even snorted a few shots of Jim Beam. He had no problrm with women , and floated along. The Pakistan pilots we checked out in the Viper were 1) outstanding pilots, 2) left their religion at the parking lot and "tolerated" our western culture, heh heh. The biggest thing that they left we instructors with was a constant reminder that they were not Arabs. Muslims? Sure, but not Arabs. I think they are more genetically and culturally related with the Iranian/Persian folks.

Needless to say, no major political or ethnic group has ever changed the Afghan way of life, nor eliminated that terrible relgion's hold upon so may of them. And I now step off the soap box...

Gums sends...