PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Fatigue Concerns
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2021, 12:32
Uplinker

Received 121 Likes on 76 Posts
TruckR, I am heartbroken to hear your story. I have 22 years experience in other airlines and can quite believe some of the pressures you report.

My advice to you and any others in a similar situation, is to get out of it. If you lose your health or your family, you will never get them back, and nothing is worth losing those.

You might have debts. You might love flying big jets. You might be hanging on, hoping it will get better one day, but it won't. You need to get away from this airline. The World has changed, no airline manager cares about you as a person. There are self - funded newbies in a long queue outside the door, clamouring to get in. You are an expense. An overhead to be used as efficiently as possible. If you fall by the wayside, they won't care and will simply recruit some newbies.

Pilots themselves have been cowed into not taking action. They will almost never go on strike, most won't even report fatigue, as you know. Company Councils have been weakened. The CAAs seem to do nothing to prevent the airlines' drive to run their crews at the absolute maximum efficiency and beyond. You have to report sick just to get enough sleep - ask yourself how crazy that is and how much your management care about you.

Very big money is behind all this; you and I cannot do anything about it except walk away.

For the sake of your health and your family, just get away from the situation, whatever that takes. Abandon any thoughts you might have had about a long aviation career. Flying big modern jets to foreign places is fantastic, but not under the conditions you report. Do something else. Be with your family as they grow up - you will never get that time back. Live your life, you only get one of those.

Good luck