PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 27th Sep 2021, 19:15
glenb

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
Thankyou- Sandy - his letter to my MP.

I just wanted to express my thanks to a gentleman called Sandy Reith. For many from the Vic/Tas Region they will know Sandy as someone who owned and opertaed a local airfield. Despite departing the industry a number of yeras ago, he still remains active in protecting the interests of GA. I am very appreciative of the support that he has offered to me and the wider industry. Cheers Sandy. As with the efforts of you all, I am highly appreciative. Cheers. Glen.

Ms. Gladys Liu MP , Vic

Electorate Office, Burwood Vic.

15 Sept 21

Dear Ms. Liu,

I believe that Glen Buckley is appealing to you for assistance in relation to the conduct of CASA towards his aviation business.

I fully support his case and endorse his characterisation of the action against him by CASA as unconscionable, I would add disgraceful, and a blot on the Government of Australia.

I’ve been around politics for many years, my brother is Peter Reith, and I understand the difficulties that MPs have in determining the truth when assessing the many claims by their constituents. In this case a remedy for Glen Buckley would create a salutary example and potentially cause a great benefit to General Aviation (GA) and flow on throughout the Public Service. I’m sure that you will be aware that there’s a trend that Australians generally are tiring of bureaucratic over reach.

GA has been suffering for many years since the administration of civil aviation was removed from direct Ministerial control. Over-regulation and the creation of new and unnecessary permissions for which swinging fees are extracted from the GA industry have resulted in the decline of this once growing Australian industry with the loss of thousands of jobs and businesses. The Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development statistics show this decline but not in the context of a nearly doubling of our population, thus the situation is much worse than Government agencies portray.

I’m a retired commercial pilot, previous owner operator of Phillip Island Airport where I was Chief Pilot and Chief Flying Instructor with various additional CASA approvals.

On the other side there is a great opportunity to create jobs and garner support from thousands of aviators, happy to discuss further.

Kind Regards,

Alexander C. Reith

[email protected]