PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2021, 12:33
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Koizi
Yes and No. (obviously yes to the last line)

1. The unvaccinated person (in the overwhelmingly vast majority) has CHOSEN to retain that status.
2. A vaccinated person is less likely to both contract COVID and then spread it compared to unvax. So I suspect going forward the majority of COVID transmissions will originate from unvaccinated individuals.
3. If two people were sitting next to each other in 2022 and one was vaccinated and one wasn't, I know who I'd be betting on to have COVID.
I understand that smoking is not contagious (unless peer group pressure counts) so the comparison isn't perfect. Perhaps it would be like sitting in a restaurant overseas next to a smoker and a non smoker, neither of whom are smoking at the time. One is far more likely to pick up a cigarette and ruin your dinner than the other.

Plus the whole point of the mandate (whether on pax or staff) is to avoid having these issues in the first place.

My main point, which may have been lost in my attempt at comparison, is that mandates are in line with the beliefs and choices of up to 92% of the adult population. Thus in a democracy, that doesn't seem heavy handed. That's without even considering the rules of overseas governments as well.
Not exactly. The smoker is 'choosing' to inhale the smoke into their lungs, ingest the nicotine to make them want more (well, once hooked I guess they are at the mercy of the drug), ingest the other disgustingly harmful and deadly chemicals in just enough quantity to ensure the absorption of the nicotine but enough to cause long term damage and highly elevated cancer risk - the person sitting next to them has NOT consented to all those exposures and therefore, in an ostensibly public place or a private premises open to the 'public', there is a reasonable expectation that they should NOT have to expose themselves to such circumstances.

Bottom line - unless you have an overwhelming MEDICAL reason for not being vaccinated, you drive or walk when everyone else gets to fly. Your kids if you extend your refusal into child abuse and forcing your kids to go unprotected, you all get sidelined (I say child abuse because an adult is making a decision based on no scientific fact or basis to let their child be exposed to a potentially deadly virus because of their twisted moronic political views).