PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2021, 06:05
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Actually last Roy Morgan poll had the LNP up in WA in the federal vote by a slight margin, and any other poll didn't show a huge jump to the ALP.

Any hard evidence for that being widespread? I found an opinion poll from October last year, when there was no vaccine and Victoria's large outbreak had occurred, and even then a majority wanted more clarity when things would open. There were also polls with some questions like "should borders be open a various vaccine rates? or should states be forced to open? etc, but I've never seen a poll asking about a forever closure, and any poll of Secessionism was a minority, and then probably answered in the affirmative as a joke. Even in that case it doesn't mean a permanent close. And do those people you know WA is actually open to more jurisdictions today than NSW is?

I know of one big poll …it was called the State Election. That was fought on one major issue, Mark McGowans border policy. I think the results speak for themselves. And the state budget, released earlier this month, assumed a gradual reopening of international borders between July and September 2022.

Last edited by SOPS; 27th Sep 2021 at 06:19.