PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOP BRASS ON PARADE
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2021, 08:14
Bob Viking

Received 560 Likes on 156 Posts
CB

Isn’t this whole conversation a little like arguing over whose Dad has the best company car?!

Are you at least partially aware that an RAF pilot’s leadership does not take place 100% in a cockpit? Are you aware of units called Squadrons that often deploy together and regularly to dangerous locations?

The Boss or EAW Commander in such locations is often required to show a little more than simple management or be able to lead a four ship.

Are you trying to suggest that, in contrast, senior Naval officers have spent 100% of their command time at sea and could rival Capt Jack Aubrey with their inspirational leadership?

Likewise would an Army individual like to come on here and claim it’s all Tim Collins speeches and bayonet charges?

Like everyone else on this thread I couldn’t care less who ends up as CDS. The VSOs I have met seem very good at understanding and representing joint issues.

My current and previous top bosses have been Army 2 Stars. I have been genuinely impressed with how well they seem to understand my Air related issues and their willingness to get to grips with the issues that affect me and my world.

I think everyone would do themselves a favour by trying not to view the world through their own blinkered, single service lenses.

BV