PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do YOU fly?? I would like to know
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2003, 21:31
pilotdreams1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problems

"I agree that flying is a dream that many people have BUT the hard reality is the gloss wears off quite quickly living in the back of nowhere in particular, busting your gut in 40 degree plus temps to ferry around people that have most likely not had a shower in the past month, ALL for about the same $$$ you'd get working at maccas. " QUOTE

Well this is seriously no problems!!! I don't have an aviation job, but the conditions I am currently working in and have been for the last year and a half, to scrape the dollars to get my hours up is much more difficult than that.

I work in country, which has 40 degree summers, with a 100% humidity, and as you know from studying human factors, that 100% humidity is much worse than the dry heat in Australia.
The winters here get down to 0 and below on most days and it snows here.

The people I work with, well......sometimes I have to wipe snot of kids faces and have to put up with being spat on.

As for isolation and working in the middle of nowhere.......well no one here speaks damn english. The only contact I have is with a few other ex pats who work here and my pc.

So in the end, sticking out an aviation job, as described above.....no probs.

Pilotdreams1977