PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2021, 03:47
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
So, I assume you think Bill ‘ let me jog for the camera at any opportunity ‘, would have been a better PM?

And, right now, as we speak, WA is hosting a huge Covid free, mask free, restriction free Grand Final.

If you think after this, there will be any pressure to open the border, think again. No one here wants Gladbags .. we have to live with it and people will die.. it may not last here.. but at the moment life is good. We will keep Mark, you can have Gladys.
I don't know who you were responding to, but it doesn't seem to be me as you appear to be stating what I think anyway.

I have no opinion on Shorten, but I do think based on their handling of previous crises that an ALP government might have been a bit more pro-active in getting ready for this, I don't think Shorten would have gone on an overseas holiday when the country was on fire. Bill never lit the world on fire with his personality and he carried a substantial amount of baggage into the job, including not learning from the lesson of previous oppositions in that presenting a large target gets you beaten. I do however think that franking credits was a totally sensible policy and overdue - it was one of those bribes that Howard dolled out when it cost practically nothing and it has now grown to a ridiculous level - BUT, they should have grandfathered it, to not do so was dumb and arrogant.

I don't actually blame WA for staying closed, if they've basically got to zero covid virtually, why would you open yourself up to the disaster that is Gladwrap.......