PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2021, 10:18
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Well you started by providing a generic document that only talks about immunity in general. It was not aimed at Covid, so I provided a response that was similarly based. Like I said it was poorly written so if it was aimed at covid immune responses it definitely does not say so.

There's some interesting stat anomalies in the middle east, with UAE stating 750,000 cases and only 2000 deaths, yet next door in Yemen it's 9000 cases for 1700 deaths. UAE death rate seems incredibly low for the case numbers, similar to Kuwait, then Saudi and Iraq have normal rates comparable to other nations. The UAE stands out as something is wrong in the recording of cases or deaths, maybe there is some 'natural immunity' happening.
I think the UAE has a far higher testing rate than most other places in the world. They are making over 100000 tests a day. Every arriving pax at the airport gets tested. Every pax leaving gets tested. Anyone with any symptoms gets tested. If you are non vaccinated and are working, you get tested every 72hrs etc etc.
They also built pop up hospitals to handle any infected, so have a far higher iCU bed availability than most other places as well. Vaccinated rate per population is very high. And Vaccination started earlier than most other parts.
So all of that explains the high positive test rate vs death rate.