PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW BA lite
Thread: LGW BA lite
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2021, 10:04
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Speaking as a passenegr/customer I have a couple of questions

1 At what point does British Airways stop becoming British

2 At what point is BA 2021 so different from its predecessors that it is just trading on the brand name without the service and operational competence the brand was built .

Some thing that seems common in todays business world is to rely entirely on an established brand while weakening the product to save costs , Before long people do notice this and they dont like it and the much vaunted Brand is devalued to the point it becomes almost a liability. I though BA had learned their lesson from 20 years ago when they cabin crewed the LGW long haul leisure routes with agency/outsourced staff.-who were very clealry not BA.

In the wider world Waitrose v Lidl is a good example , 20 years ago if you bought your food from Waitrose Lidl was just some upstart , but lots of people found out that in many areas Waitrose charged premium prices for products that were no better than Lidl ones ( some obviously are still better quality of course ) . While it has not put Waitrose out of business it has badly hurt them, they are cutting back while LIDL and their German cousin Aldi keep expanding. .

I thought the new BA CEO ) was keen on restoring BA s values, but from reading this thread that too seems to smoke and mirrors.. , Cruz was basically a disaster from a branding and service view point, ( For which Walsh should have got sacked for employing him) . Either way good luck to the BA staff caught in the middle of all this