PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sham contracting job on AFAP
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2021, 03:57
Xeptu

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts
I must spoil my guys too much I operate a Kingair solely in private operations, wholly within the private company group. I employ 2 casual pilots because that's what suits them, they don't work for anyone else. I include IR renewals which is conducted by an independent organisation in a simulator, this is because I want proficiency in two specific exercises being the V1 Cut/Go and the low speed emergency descent. At mid 6 months in the off season all of us including our significant others go on a resort tour over several days for the purpose of recency and keeping up to speed with the more challenging aspects of the work, this way we get to assess each other and make sure we are all on the same page. The resorts are pretty good too.
I have an operations manual which is comprehensive and kept relevant. I occasionally take a call in the field for "what do you want me to do" but rarely if ever a "how do I" call.
Both Casual Pilots are covered by all the Insurance and Work Cover requirements.

I don't understand what a dodgy contractor arrangement really saves, we must be talking a sum that surely must ask the question, should this company be operating at all if it makes that much financial difference.