PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we losing interest ? What's happening ?
Old 24th Sep 2021, 02:52
Xeptu

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by VH-FTS
To answer your question about wanting to know the new school view, the biggest change over the last decade or so is attitudes in the flight deck and toward people in general. You must have been a great guy to fly with, with attitudes like that. The sort of guy FOs would call in sick for, but you never knew because your thought you were perfect and the other pilot just politely smiles to get through their day. Or perhaps you were just having a bad day on pprune, I'll never know. I'll take a bet you were just having a bad day, but unfortunately there are a lot of old school attitudes still out there.
I didn't see myself the way you describe and I doubt that most of my colleagues did either, I could be deluded but they were always free to tell me I'm being an arsehole without consequence.

Here's the thing, what you have described has been the case since Adam and Eve. I know what you're talking about I was there. you will never please everyone you work with, there will always be factions, we called it the "in crowd" when you get to 70 and retired you will yourself be "old school" and a grumpy old geriatric, Wear the badge with pride because only you know the truth, everyone else has a very short memory. When you're retired, if they are telling you, you were an arsehole, then you were and even if you weren't after 5 years they won't even remember your name.

That's how it is and I've always said it how it is.