PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 21:44
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha, "too posh" was great to fish for comments, it worked!

Of course those ratings are not worth a lot on the market outside of Netjets. Nowhere will anyone pay you 120k EUR per year as a captain on a Phenom/Citation XLS. I am on a large cabin (not Global) type, but still not worth that much, as it is some kind of exotic plane and the pilot market is rather saturated on that type. After getting laid off last year, I was ready for being unemployed for 2 years, such is life. And, yes, it is true that the company seems to get nervous quickly when a financial crisis happens. The case last year was different though. I cannot and will not comment too much on it. In general the company is and was in good shape and we did not have surplus aircraft&crew, it was just a stupid decision, luckily it was reversed quickly. In 2010 we had 160+ aircraft for a market that only supported 90 to 100. A different ballgame.

PS: type ratings for biz jets are forbiddingly expensive. When you want to go for the airlines and you have to pay for rating, it's usually very, very cheap. B737 or A320? 13,000 EUR. Bizjet? 40,000 EUR....