PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Airlines assesment process - english accent
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 17:53
samatyranin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that's a relief what you are saying.

Seriously, considering the situation that aviation is facing worldwide, the last thing that should worry you at the moment is your accent. We have far bigger problems.
It is still long way until I get into 'looking for job pilot' market and still have some other options to do that may eventually end up for me flying a lot but not in an airline. But if American accent would be a thing here in Europe I'd be better to figure out how to get rid of it. Since it seems that this is just false rumor I may just use that time for anything else - if it has to be language then my next goal - Spanish ;] However you need to understand my concerns. Because situation that we have in aviation and that you just mentioned forces me to for best preparation possible in case I'll look for a right seat in any airline since at the time when I'll be looking there may be hundreds cadets with frozen ATPL for every seat.

eckhard thanks for your tips! I'll do my best and I'm totally aware of that starting with 'So', 'well' and 'and' is an issue if it goes about me.