PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fun when I was a student...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2021, 11:31
Busta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FHT Oakington , Sqn boss in RHS. Standard profile, "suspected engine failure" after take off, circuit and go around. Standard visual departure toward the March marshaling yards for general handling. Steep turns, Stall in clean configuration, went well.
"Now show me a stall in the approach configuration", I respond " this is aircraft tail letter S, Form 700 specifically prohibits stalling in the approach config". " Who is the captain of this aeroplane?, you are sir, " show me a stall in the approach configuration", "yessir". FIRAD, HASEL, FOAL,. Clearing turns, gear down, flap down, crinkly chip levers set, power reducing, high nose attitude, floppy controls etc. Rapid, violent flick to the inverted, marshaling yards now above the aircraft, nose dropping, "what are your intentions?" " I can lower the nose , gain speed, overstress the flaps, or give you control. " which do you choose?", " you have control. sir".
Recover to base, low speed handling check, land normally. Imagine my surprise to learn that I had passed. Funny old life!