PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 22nd Sep 2021, 18:57
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
FR 24 came to rescue on trying to figure out noise above the clouds in fgrome today, fair amount of military activity but mostly hawks and this had a far deeper stronger sound. FR24 had it as 2 USAF F15s Shark 31/32 playing at tailchasing over Frome at about 14000 feet , a couple of wide orbits but both tracks crossed right over the town -although a few miles apart . Not seem/heard that sort of USAf presence here before and wondered what they were up to.

later in the day RAF Herc belting along very very low, FR 24 showed altitude/height as 250 climbing to 350ft . certainly looked extremely low as it sailed by heading for Brize no doubt, a great sight. I assume there is some sort of limit on height above terrain for military flights , . Low level Hercs are not uncommon but this was exceptional . Very hard to judge height above ground as frome is something of a funny shaped town being ina valley surrounded by low hills-upto 400 fr amsl, where my house is which rapidly drop down to flat lands about 100ft amsl which is where I saw it from and only .a mile or so away. A fun view from the flight deck I am sure