PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 21st Sep 2021, 07:08
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sincerely doubt you paid less than 50k for a licence, fees, accomodation, and type rating to ryr, not mention likely no income for 3 years of your life or part time earnings while you studied.

And if you dont think staring blindingly into space for 7-12 hours a day with a complete stranger , apart from twiddling the odd switch and tapping something into an ipad every now is boring, and then you should perhaps try a job that is actually challenging!

I have done many flying jobs, and had a career before, but this is the most mind numbing ever. I miss having a job that doesn’t have an sop to take a leak.

anyway, I have digressed. Main drama at the moment is pilots on forced unpaid leave, whilst at the same time huge recruitment on to rubbish contracts.

Look at Lauda in STN. They are paying experienced FO's £40 an hour. They will be leasing to ryanair, undercutting their own company.

Mark my words, give it 12 months, ryr will come back and say "oh, ryr dac contracts are no longer competitive against lauda, you need to sign this new pay cut". It is so blindingly obvious what is going to happen, amazing that pilots are so poor at seeing the big picture and why so many man hours by training departments go into trying to teach the big picture. Getting each tail within the group to outbid and out cost each other. Happened in TFS with Dac and bzz, soon to happen at a base near you!

Last edited by UAV689; 21st Sep 2021 at 09:44.