PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2021, 14:13
happyjack

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts
It can only be fair if I am allowed to vent my NJE experience...?
Against my better judgement as an airline captain I was talked into joining NJE more than 20 years ago. There were weeks of negotiations prior to joining regarding terms and conditions, salary and position. Once I agreed all that meant nothing and I was employed as an F/O on an F/O's salary plus a 3 year bond for a type rating that I already possessed!!!!
So they had been lying to me from day one. The loss of licence insurance didn't exist, the private health didn't apply to non USA citizens and my pension contributions were subsequently stolen by the company!
After 3 months I got upgraded however to LHS and received my agreed contract.
The insane management were firing pilots at the rate of 3 per week! When I asked my fleet manager about this he assured me that it was not so. The next day I got fired!
I sued the hell out of them. A 13 year very expensive legal process. They did everything on God's Earth to avoid being held responsible. Never once presenting any justification for their actions. I witnessed their CEO and CP take the oath and then lie and lie and lie.
The judge saw through it all and found in my favour.
I was awarded a considerable sum of money plus expenses and set a precidence in Portugal against this company.
But they refused to pay and then appealled. They lost that too.
They seeked to go to the supreme court in Portugal but were refused.
I received the settlement but not the considerable expenses still owed.
So you wanna ask an ex nje pilot what they think of them??? The treatment I received at the hands of this disgraceful company cannot be overemphasised. I did nothing wrong at all and was treated like a criminal. My biggest career mistake by far!
I hope it has changed, I really do. I want to think I was there at the wrong time with the wrong people but was it?
Leopards and spots?
Take nothing said on face value? They have proved themselves as supreme cheats and callous liars!

Last edited by happyjack; 20th Sep 2021 at 15:48.