PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying loads out from between power lines
Old 20th Sep 2021, 05:25
[email protected]

Received 622 Likes on 270 Posts
Again, the flying skills are good but they are only using single engined helicopters because it is cheap, not because it is safe. The boss at the beginning acknowledges the aircraft is almost permanently in the HV curve - who agreed the safety case for that?

Yes, there are other failures that would doom any helicopter regardless of the number of engines but why tempt fate? Oh yes, to make money - which seems to be an excuse for disregarding many people's safety and easy to 'justify' until you are on the wrong end of an accident that didn't need to happen.

I've managed nearly 40 years of some challenging flying, generally by not putting myself in a place where I didn't have a plan B if something went wrong - not always, but when I did it was for a very good reason (lifesaving for example) - and then with limited exposure time.

Spending your working day knowing that you might not walk away if a failure or loss of attention happens might be fine for some - I just don't need to be that macho.