PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we losing interest ? What's happening ?
Old 20th Sep 2021, 05:12
Street garbage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyer517
Personally I find the speed with which personal attacks or petty arguments happen on a lot of threads vey depressing. Within the blink of an eye, what I hoped would be a good aviation related conversation, descends in to a childish argument or slanging match. For that reason I often think better of participating.

Strangely (given we like to think we're laid back), this appears to be a lot worse on the Aus forums than elsewhere on Prune.
Yep, I agree, we no longer have a Forum where both sides can a rational discussion about aviation- it quickly spirals into viscous name calling with people being called "bigot/ racist etc etc", or else people who have zero aviation experience-eg Telfer 86 offer the vast knowledge (none) on IR etc.
People are losing interest, and if "Engagement"- however Management defines that- is an indicator, it won't be coming back anytime soon, not with the damage done in the last 18 months (28% pay increase for management whilst crew are on Government handouts?? Sure, that's fine).