PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How times have changed.
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2021, 16:13
Flying Clog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm fairly convinced Cathay will be gone in 1-2 years. The current situation is simply not sustainable. Perhaps not by their own complete ineptitude and idiocy, which they've been practicing really really hard on for decades, but more pushed off the edge by the HKG health authority and a final gentle push by Beijing.

Either way, you're mentally deranged if you think it's a good idea staying here, the place is well and truly !

It used to be worth it, for the money, to operate as a rather well paid whore and get rich in 10-20 years, spread your ass cheeks, commute to a 'normal' country with good quality of life and family (normallity), which many of us did and of course struggle to do now. It's all about the work/life balance. Which is non-existent now.

But now we can walk away with a million euros or so cash in the bank from property and pension/P fund. I'm personally walking away from HKG with 1.5 million euros in cold hard cash from my flat and the P fund. Good !

CX has conspired to put a stop to the 'good deal' to attract foreign talent, and good luck to them. There is no local market for cheap pilots in Hong Kong, but maybe they can scrounge a few 3rd world pilots with fake logbooks to paper over the cracks until they crash an airplane and have a bit of a wake up call. Good luck to Cathay in your new endeavour.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of jobs around for current 747 pilots.

I, for one, am well and truly out of this toxic dystopian dump! Bye!

I can't wait!