PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The world of contracting?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2021, 16:02
Flying Clog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else care to chime in?

Looking forward to more info regarding operating your own business, as a consultant, providing your services to an airline in Europe.

I've personally been in a toxic spiral of doom for 20 years operating as a mercenary for Cathay Pacific, and very much relishing the opportunity to branch of as a free lancer, or indeed, to leave aviation completely, as it's such a pain in the arse now.

But I'm a one trick pony, so one last push to have a nice 747 flying job, and if that doesn't work out I'll bin it and find another trade.

So anyone with any tips operating as a contractor/freelance pilot, it would be very much appreciated.

For info - I'm a 20 year 747 captain with a legacy, completely fed up with being treat like rubbish by management, quite happy to throw in the towel and go and drive a lorry or get into trading etc., but lazy, so wouldn't mind flying a bit more as it's good money. The Asian approach to the bat flu has pushed me over the edge in terms of the quality of life vs money balance.