PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2021, 12:45
Ollie Onion

Received 222 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by skygeek
The "collective scientific" community consists of people just like you and me, afraid to lose their jobs and forced to toe the line "or else". This has been proven time and time again recently with multiple high profile cancellations. You cancel enough noisy people and, voilą, your "collective scientific" community suddenly takes whatever shape is needed.

The vast majority of people in middle ages wanted witches to be burned. Should everyone just accept blindly what the majority wants? This is a very dangerous line of thought.
Totally agree, presently in Australia seeking an alternative means of subsistence is the only real way out, but I think things will inevitably change in the near future.

REALLY? So you don't agree with the collective scientific knowledge around pandemics, vaccines and public health measures from the past couple of hundred years. Honestly if you take your attitude then we shouldn't trust anything anyone says about anything. Perhaps when I was at University I would have been better off just sitting in the lectures shouting 'bullsh*t' at the biased and manipulated lecturers trying to pass on knowledge.

No, you shouldn't 'blindly' accept what the majority wants but in this case most people have come to the conclusion that the Covid Vaccine is a very important tool in the control of this pandemic, that thinking is supported by vast amounts of peer reviewed research and medicinal trials. It is your line of thinking which is the 'outlying' view on all of this, I will defend your right to think whatever you want but unfortunately your thoughts will have an impact on your life and how it will be lived going forward for a good number of years. That is your choice.