PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we losing interest ? What's happening ?
Old 19th Sep 2021, 03:24
Possum1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
It could also have something to do with the fact that there is not much aviation taking place.
True, but here in sunny Queensland at the benign end of the southern weather systems and COVID restrictions, my wife and I flew a half hour flight this morning from Archerfield to The Kooralbyn Resort for an excellent buffet breakfast in silky smooth conditions over interesting scenery - just a little smoky, that's all. On the way, we saw 5 hot-air balloons in the valley to the west of Beaudesert, presumably all with paying passengers on board.

Yesterday, the Straddie Fly-in Breakfast had a large turnout of 40+ planes looking at webtrak and most of them from Southport. So flying is happening in some places.

My point is that here, I feel I can offer facts if I know them and the audience will comprehend them. On facebook such facts are ignored because of a mostly overwhelmingly ignorant and uncomprehending audience who require that I only make vacuous opinions in short sentences of overweening positivity.

Last edited by Possum1; 19th Sep 2021 at 07:01.