PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines sponsoring foreigners in the USA
Old 18th Sep 2021, 21:06
bafanguy

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenny
UAL, DAL and AA all have about 12000 CV’s on file and around half of those are apparently qualified.
Kenny,

The airlines have been reluctant to release that data so we're left with anecdotal info. I don't doubt anyone's numbers since I have nothing to support or refute them.

I do strongly suspect everyone has applied to every carrier which reduces the total number of job-hunting individuals by a factor of the number of airlines( I think I said that right).

As we know, qualified per posted requirements is very different from competitive. I was at an event for retired airline pilots several years ago where the inventor/owner/operator of airlineapps.com spoke about how his brainchild works. The airlines using that service get to set parameters on their receiving end so those not meeting minimum requirements will not have their application seen. This keeps the fresh CPL from clogging up the works by applying. So, no one among us Little People will ever know who got seen by eyes who can send out an interview invitation.

The legacies and LCCs will NEVER be short of hireable applicants...and I mean NEVER. I suspect the regionals are pretty similar; butts will find seats and airplanes will be flown...even when some carriers go under.