PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 18th Sep 2021, 05:12
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
Shane Carmody, AOM, received the Order of Australia Medal last year. What for, I don’t really know. A government bureaucrat is not a real achievement, as sitting in a Canberra office drinking coffee and eating truffles really doesn’t fit the criteria of being a real job. Slurping on a Ministers jockstrap for decades also doesn’t meet the criteria of being a real job. So awarding such a person as him a title is absolutely sickening. A gutless bully who used the power of the government to back up his spineless actions. It was never a fair competition, but then again bullies always hang out together.

Carmody spent 32 years as a public servant, with no remarkable achievement other than racking up a huge superannuation nest egg. He also spent 15 years as an ‘army officer’, where he no doubt worked in a non-combative role such as being a cook, a cleaner of bedsheets and mess halls, or working in a nice safe Australian stores facility somewhere. So 47 years on the government teat is pathetic. Too scared to get a real job in the real world. Had this individual had any real life skills, he would not have allowed the situation to foster where Mr Buckley was so mercilessly destroyed.

Glen is a true gentleman and a decent, down to earth guy who was simply trying to eek out a modest living for himself and his family. A smart man who developed a concept that was a good match for industry’s needs. He has put up a brave battle and has a robust set of balls, unlike the spineless turds who oppose him.

Karma is real, and eventually everyone pays for their sins.
Agree with everything you wrote, especially about Glen, could not agree more.

As for the Order of Australia, they're like confetti - I seem to remember in the same year, a bloke who took hold of the country's second largest airline and effectively ran it into the ground financially to the point where the next CEO couldn't pull it up in time and it went into administration also got awarded one of these vacuous 'awards' for 'services to aviation' - well, I guess there is some truth in that, the bloke concerned (the mail room boy) well and truly 'serviced' Virgin, if you know what I mean.

People often complain about someone like AJ getting bonuses but there were times when he and his predecessor, Dixon, decided to forego their bonuses - the MRB never knocked back a bonus or took a cent less through 10 years of ZERO profits.

I know this is about Glen, but I just add that extra commentary to highlight what a joke the entire 'award' system is.