PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pandemic-hit Qantas weighs new pay structure to keep key executives
Old 17th Sep 2021, 22:17
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by What The
Funniest thing I have read in ages.
Can’t wait to see the talent leaving. Honestly if you believe that you are delusional.
True. Lets bring Borghetti on then, they're all the same right?

Originally Posted by galdian
So by inference the present management is as good as one can get according to dUS?

That's only true if there was absolutely no correlation between pay and competency on a macro level. That'd be a difficult case to prove, though I'd not be suprised if the average pilot with their room temperature IQ gave it the good ole college try.

If experienced managers leave the company because they can get better money elsewhere, they're either replaced by people within the company, who by your logic wouldn't be any better, or are replaced by external hires. Those external hires being the same ones who failed to be competitive for the higher paid positions elsewhere, taken by the leaving managers.

Do you assert that situation would serve to improve the quality of management at Qantas?

Originally Posted by galdian
Amazing - a satisfied employee.
Not at all. Just not just a blithering idiot clouded by emotion, wielding financial illiteracy like babies favorite toy. I've been as bent over as any in the Qantas group by self serving management decisions, but I can at least recognize that I don't have to like them to understand the implications of market forces here. If you think 'management can't get any worse' then perhaps you need to have a word with those working for Virgin or Tiger. Or Rex of late.

If you really think you know better and the management of the company is a disaster, then short the stock and post the confirmation for all to see. Think of the killing you'd make! Maybe we could stuff and mount you outside the ASX headquarters as the first pilot to make a successful market call?