PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buccaneer Low level
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2003, 15:31
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
I vaguely remember being told that the max speed of the Buccaneer S2C and D was 630KIAS in RN service. That was when I was attempting to get through the totally dreadful organisation known as 237 OCU in 1976/7. Destructive criticism, thinly disguised hatred of students, this bunch of prima donnas managed to fly 100% of their allocated hours but only graduated 33% of their students....

I recall being subjected to a private aeros display by a pilot instructor including an attempted push up from the 45 deg point of a horizontal eight which nearly ended up as an inverted spin at low level...lots of buffet, no IAS and the negative G increasing. The RAF back seat staff crew members - I decline to refer to them as 'instructors' were without doubt the most unpleasant group of individuals it has ever been my misfortune to be associated with. However, most of the RN guys were much better - apart from a couple of utter poseurs....

No good memories of Bucc days; however, I will say that the professionalism of the 'firm but fair' hand of Bruce C*****e did teach us a lot.