PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Graduates... no jobs?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2021, 01:56
petra.oskertrich1995

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach E Avelli
I will take the bait because I think she is probably simply young and scatterbrained. In this and her earlier threads she has has copped a few negative comments, but overall, people here have tried to offer some really sound advice - which she has TOTALLY ignored.
The main thrust of the good advice has been to get other qualifications in fields that would provide job opportunities, and not throw more money at aviation bolt-on bull**** ‘qualifications’ which won’t help land that first flying job. Even now, she says she is going to renew her Instrument Rating -despite being told 200 hour CPLs don’t get gigs flying IFR twins.Then she says she will blow more on a Helicopter PPL. She would be better off buying a bloody drone, which at least could develop skills far more likely to be in demand in the future.
OTOH Cosmic Virgin is a troll, though he/she meant Galactic, not Atlantic...
I only mentioned the Instrument renewal because I was told by an instructor that an employer likes to see a few renewals on my resume. I do not want to spend more money than what I have to of course and spent too much already with already too much debt. The helicopter licence is not something I want to do but I have read a few peoples responses here that say to get as many qualifications on the resume as possible to help get the first job. I was thinking helicopter or air traffic control apprenticeship. I am getting sick and tired of the insults to be honest. Okay so I am "scatterbrained" and I'm in my 20s and I don't know what I am doing so I come here to the forum and ask. Like I am sorry if this offends some people but I am only asking and please stop with all of the abusive & insulting personal messages.

I have read all of the advice and some people have given me some really good advice. I have been to the north and looked around and I plan on returning. I am only new around here but I sense a big bullying culture on here - like being at school as a new kid. A few people want to take it upon themselves to attack me or shame me with insults.