PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2021
Thread: NPAS News 2021
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2021, 15:38
RotaryJ

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So Lippitts Hill is back...and there was one left. Such a big Hangar for one little G-POLD and former Boreham crew. Quick to revive a base location which is no longer needed, but when it come's to revival of actually needed bases like in the North West and Midlands where they are constantly having base availability issues... it is just quietly brushed under the carpet. The North West once had 6 bases and they've more than halved it to two, but only seems like Barton is the only one going now... is Hawarden dead? Not seen any activity from them in what seems like forever. The bases in Midlands being halved, Notts PCC fed up of poor service Nottinghamshire is receiving, but is another additional base active from 1300 - 0100 for the North Mids really going to be that beneficial? It's like NPAS think criminals only come out at specific times only and the rest of the time they are tucked up in bed. The midlands has a lot of urban space to cover to cut the bases to two is just inadequate. I'm not even bothering discussing about North East my local region as there is just no hope or certainty anymore. I don't even know what hour's Carr Gate operates anymore, Newcastle barely even fly anymore and as for Doncaster another wasted space would have been better keeping a Helicopter based at Humberside G-POLU maybe? If it's not dead. The South West are the only ones that seem like they are winning, all bases having the newest batch of the fleet and operating smoothly... it's not bad for some.