PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA still "Too Expensive to Run"5000 jobs to go ???
Old 19th Dec 2003, 11:56
412A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your assessment of my value is of no consequence, neither is it in respect of those men and women who do Captain 747's. Funny you should mention Continental. It was only when Gordon Bethune took over and scrapped the deluded and destructive 'bottom line' policies of the Lorenzo era that Continental was resurected into the best airline in the US. Their pilots are now (other than Delta) the highest paid, most motivated and most satisfied pilots in the industry. Could it be that Gordon, being a pilot himself, understands that an employee has a worth greater than the absolute bottom line...? Continental is now considered the best airline in the US industry, and it did it completely counter to your lame and tired ideas. Your ideas 411 were discredited 15+ years ago when the Lorenzo experiment was shown to be an abject failure. Why is it that you can't see that your ideas represent recent history that has been consingned to the scrapheap.

...reading some of your 2500+ posts (good grief...!), it seems that you truly, and sadly have no life other than to type away thinking you are contributing anything constructive to the issues of aviation. I will not be answering to all your posts because, unlike you, I do have a life beyond inane rantings based on bitterness and failure. Over to you McFly.