PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potentially Unruly Passenger
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2021, 02:09
inflightrefueling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potentially Unruly Passenger

Hello everyone!

I will need your opinions on a matter.

Few weeks ago I did not admit a passenger to be boarded, a famous guy who has some millions of followers on social media, on the grounds that he had a very unpleasant/unruly passenger history during his former flights and he could possibly affect flight safety by mentally incapacitating my cabin crew. He'd even once stood before the judge and seriously sanctioned for his disorderly conduct on board.

My company neither ever established a blacklist nor banned this fellow from the flights and now that I am grounded for my "show" probably because his fame and the court case the guy opened. Company thinks I exceeded my authority in doing what I did, whereas I could justify my decision from every aspect.
The state laws and company manuals explicitly say "the commander has all the authority to make ANY measures to ensure flight safety."
The only trouble is, I made this decision before he boards the aircraft and refused his boarding for the very best interest of the flight safety considering his past eventful flights. P.S. I am not biased about him or whatsoever.

Now..

Aside seeking for a proper legal advice, I am wondering how this story looks to you from the commander's decision point of view.
Your all kind of comments are highly appreciated.
Wish you all safe flights!

Cheers!