PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My US regional now wants pilots from overseas.
Old 14th Sep 2021, 19:21
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To everyone that responded and PM'd me: My inbox got flooded. I'm right in the middle of upgrade so I don't have time to deal with that right now. I'll get on to it when I can. Meanwhile I spoke with the the Director of Ground Training again who said for people to contact him with questions. He's ok'd me passing on his email, but I'm hesitant to broadcast it in the open so give me some time to clear my inbox.

It sounds to me that they're still working out the details, what level of support or sponsorship they want or need to provide. It's likely to vary depending on how easy or hard for them it is, and at what cost. For example, if you already have an FAA ATP and the ability to work here then obviously that's in 'apply here right now' category. Similarly if you have an FAA Commercial with ATP mins. But if you have some combination of no visa/greencard + FAA Cert/ licence level and need to convert he wouldn't tell me.

Like I said, it sounds like they're still figuring things out, driven by orders from above to recruit like crazy.

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 14th Sep 2021 at 19:33.